United Defense Tactical Next Generation Plate Technology
United Defense Technologies along with a state of the art manufacturing facility, has partnered with the leading scientists in the nation with a common goal: to create body armor that was lighter and stronger than anything currently available. Through years of research and development, UDT is proud to present Carbon Nano Tubes as the answer.
Carbon Nano Tubes, or CNTs as they are known in our industry, are the hardest known substance in the universe, even harder than diamonds. This material is one of the 21st century’s most innovative and revolutionary accomplishments, and it is targeted directly to body armor. When CNT is used in conjunction with Kevlar or polyethylene, its performance is enhanced exponentially. We are able to reduce the amount of Kevlar and other ballistic materials needed by combining them with CNT and produce better ballistic performing armor, which makes our product more lightweight and lower profile than our competitors. UDT’s products display multi-fold performance over metals, carbon- and polymer composites that can be used in aerospace, defense, aviation, automotive, energy and consumer market applications.
A New Level Of Technology
Over the last few years we have studied and tested various materials that would assist in making these new products light weight and innovative. Our products over-achieve the norm, and we are always pushing to create breakthroughs in plate technology.
United Defense Tactical Innovations:
• Carbon Nano Tube technology in every rifle plate.
• Non- Newtonian foam that helps reduce the transfer of force.
• Carbon fiber DI-NOC coating technology that provides protection to the plate from wear and tear, increases the longevity of the plate and makes cleaning of the plate even easier.
• Level III+ and Level IV plates outperform the NIJ standards.
• Lightest weight material and lowest profile possible for comfort.